Freebasics (Internet.org) is a partnership between social network giant, Facebook and six other companies Samsung, Ericsson, Opera Software, Qualcomm and Nokia that was made to offer free access to Facebook and other sites. Internet.org, was renamed Freebasics in Semptember 2015.
Wikipedia lets us know that, as of November 2016, over 40 million people were already using the Freebasics service. Since then, this service has helped millions of people in the world have access to the latest news through Facebook and various sites. You will be put in the Free Mode by your network provider when accessing Facebook for free.
Over time, people got tired of using the Facebook Free Mode, because they didn’t get to see the pictures that they would have loved to see. Facebook Free Mode is currently supported by two network providers in Nigeria, Airtel and 9mobile. Although Airtel’s free usage is capped at 20MB per day while 9mobile’s free usage is unlimited.
Many have been seeking for ways to view photos for free on Facebook Free Mode and have found no answer. In this post, we are going to look at how we can view photos on Facebook Free Mode.
How to view photos on Facebook Free Mode
For you to view photos on Facebook Free Mode, you need to have Facebook Lite app which is network friendly and it does not occupy space. Here are some of the requirements for this tweak to work.
- An Android device (Version 2.3 and up)
- 9mobile or Airtel SIM card without airtime or active data plan.
- Facebook Lite app – Download the latest version from Playstore – here.
- 3G/4G stable network connection (You can use 2G network, but 3G is highly recommended).
- Turn on your data connection and open your Facebook Lite app.
- After using it for a minute or two, close the app and turn off your data.
- Go to your phone Settings>>Apps>>Facebook Lite. Clear the data of the app.
- Turn on your data connection and re-launch the Facebook Lite app.
- Type in your login details and Login.
- It won’t fully load, exit the app and open it again.
- This time around, it should load the pictures.
The Facebook Lite app will indicate that you are in Data Mode with an option to switch to Free Mode. Don’t try switching to Free Mode unless, you will have to repeat the steps again. You won’t be able to watch videos with this, but all pictures including the video’s preview pictures will show. Did it work for you, let us know in the comment section below.