Split screen feature is available on Android Nougat 7.0 and all latter versions, but it doesn’t seem to be compatible with all apps. A member of TechInfo WhatsApp group, Jerry Jr, drew our attention to this topic. I currently use Leagoo KIICAA Power that runs on Android Nougat 7.0 and the device seems to have this split screen feature which works but not on all apps.
How to use split screen on Android
In this article, we are going to look at how we can use split screen on Android on two different scenarios. Before you try this, make sure your device is on Android Nougat 7.0.
- Open two or more apps simultaneously on your phone. You are advised to test this on your system apps.
- Minimize the app by pressing the home button.
- Tap the Recent Apps button, as for my Leagoo KIICAA Power, the button is located on the bottom-left part of the screen. This displays the list of open apps.
- Long-hold the title bar at the top of any app (First app recommended). You should see a text, “Drag here to use split screen” at the top of the screen.
- Drag the app to where you see the text, “Drag here to use split screen“. The selected app will occupy the first part of the screen, while the other apps will occupy the bottom half of the screen.
- Simply tap on the other app, and both will appear in one full screen.
- Drag the black line that divides both screen to increase the size of any of the screens. If by any chance, you drag the black line all the way up or down, the split screen will disable.
- Once this feature is on, tapping the Recent apps button will replace the app at the bottom with another app.
- Open your Gallery.
- Select any movie of your choice in any folder and open it.
- While on play mode, simply tap on a sign that looks like a phone on top the other.
- This should enable split screen on your phone. You can browse, chat, or even play a game while the movie is going on, but you can’t watch another movie.
- To disable the split screen, click on the movie playing on your screen at that point. Either tap the × sign on the top left corner or click on the diagonal arrow in the box to maximize the screen. From there, you can quit the movie.
For those who don’t have phones that runs on Android Nougat 7.0 and other top versions, here is a list of apps that you can try out.
- Download Split Screen Creator here.
- Download Floating Apps here.
- Download Split Screen Web View here.
- Download Multi Window here.
- Download Dual Screen Browser here.
- Download Multi Window by BAPS Apps here.