IMEI stands for the International Mobile Equipment Identity. It is a number that is used to identify 3GPP and iDEN mobile phones, as well as some satellite phones. An IMEI contains 15 digit number assigned to all cellular devices, which can be used to identify a device. This number can be used to block a mobile phone from being used by another person or phone company. The common advice is to always note down your device’s IMEI number in case it is lost or stolen.
Some weeks back, we looked at how we can activate the MTN double data without IMEI, so today, we are going to find out how we can tweak the IMEI of the latest smartphones. There’s news that one of Nigeria’s leading network MTN is currently giving out data bonus for purchasing the Samsung S9, so, let’s get started on how to activate the double data bonus on MTN.
- Open the IMEI Generator app, click the drop down box and select Samsung S7, S7edge or S8+;
- Under the count, increase it to any amount of IMEI you’ll like to generate;
- After generating the IMEI, a list of IMEI will appear, just select one of them;
- Open the Chamelephon app and paste the chosen IMEI in the SIM slot(Dual SIM phones means copy two different IMEI from the IMEI Generator and paste them in any SIM slot in the Chamelephon app );
- Apply your new IMEI in the Chamelephon app and restart your Android phone;
- After restart, wait for 5 minutes to receive a text message from MTN. If you do not receive a text message from MTN, just open your SMS and text “Samsung” to 131
- If you get a text message that says that you are not eligible, then it literally means that the IMEI used by you is not valid, so you are adviced to repeat the procedure using another IMEI.
You can try this IMEI for starters 357851082099198. Make changes to the last four(4) digits to any random number, you can use the IMEI Analyzer – Download here to check if the IMEI is correct.