We all try to get as much speed when browsing the internet but our ISP(Internet Service Provider) might be that limiting factor. With CMD(Command Prompt) anyone can boost that browsing speed. This trick works without the use of any special software, it works in Windows 7, 10, Vista and XP. Let’s get stated!
First and foremost, turn on your personal computer, search for CMD and set it as administrator. Once your CMD is opened;
- Type netsh int tcp show global and hit the enter key.
- Type netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled, hit enter. You should get a reply, “Ok“. It shows that it has been confirmed.
- Type netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal, hit enter. You should get a reply, “Ok“. It shows that it has been confirmed.
- Type netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp and hit enter.
- Check the TCP connection status by typing netsh int tcp show global and hit enter. You should get a list of options listing the things associated with your windows network.
This method does not work with windows 8 because Microsoft disabled ctcp(Compound TCP) feature from windows 8.