Nowadays, an average desktop computer comes with at least 2 gigabytes of RAM installed. If you use your computer for gaming, I think that you will need 8,16 and in extreme overkill situations, 32 gigabytes of RAM. This post is mainly for those who use a 1GB RAM computer, though this trick works for any computer no matter the amount of gigabytes installed as RAM in your computer. Besides using physical RAM available in your computer, software programs also make use of the Virtual RAM. If you increase the Virtual RAM of your computer then probably the speed of your computer will also increase. Follow the given steps to increase your computer’s speed.
How to increase the Virtual RAM in Windows
- Go to your File manager, on the window, right-click and a series of options should pop-up;
- Click on “Properties”;
- This should take you to your Control Panel, click on “Advanced system settings“;
- A new window will appear, click on “Advanced“, under the Advanced, you should see three sub-options, click on “Settings” under the Performance sub-option;
- Click on “Advanced“;
- Under the “Advanced” option, you should see three options there. Click on “Change“;
- Untick the Automatically manage page file size for all drivers;
- Select Drive C;
- Select “Custom Size”;
- Set the initial size(MB) to 5000(5GB), 2000(2GB) or whatever amount that is suitable for you. I recommend that you keep it at a minimum of 2000;
- Set maximum size to 16000(16GB) of local Disk C will be used as Virtual Memory.
- Click on “Set“, perform this with other drives .