Have you ever been to a website and you instantly fell in love with the site’s theme? All the beauty, the perfect placements, the cool fonts, the awesome header site. Wow! The need to know the name of the theme the site is currently using will suddenly arise. I’ve been in that situation and I can still tell you that I’m not still satisfied with my current theme. I used this method that I’m going to share with you in this article, to get this theme.
In this article, I’m going to share to two effective methods that you can use to find out what theme a site is actually using. I’m going to use my site as the example, so, all those who have been wandering what theme this site is currently using, will have all their questions answered today. If you are a blogger, and you use WordPress for blogging, I advice you to seat-back and enjoy this article.
How to detect a WordPress theme
Like I said earlier, “I’m going to share to two effective methods that you can use to find out what theme a site is actually using”. I’m not sure how many methods that are currently available but I can assure you that it works very well on all themes. Most bloggers, even get to the point of modifying their theme so that we won’t find out what the theme is all about, but bye to that. Here are the two methods on how to detect a WordPress theme.
1. Using Websites
Here is a list of websites that detect WordPress themes. Some even do more than detect WordPress theme, they also detect what plugin(s) that the site is using. They are;
As you can see from the pictures above, I used WPTheme Detector to check what theme this site uses and it didn’t only provide the name but also the plugins this site uses. This method is quite effective but it does not work on all WordPress sites. It is hard for these sites to detect WordPress themes that are either modified or the are Child Themes
However, the second method is 99.8% efficient and it is what I use in detecting what ever theme I like.
2. Using Chrome Extensions
Don’t be confused because extensions are not apps, they are different. Now, let’sf ind out how to detect a WordPress theme using Chrome extensions.
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Go to chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions?hl=sw.
- On the left hand corner, use the search box and type, WordPress Theme Detector and search. You can also click here to go there directly.
- The extension is owned by themesinfo.com, so take note when you choose.
- Now click, ADD TO CHROME.
- You will be notified when the extension will be added to your Chrome.
- Now, go to any site that you feel is using WordPress.
- When navigating the site, which is not a must, click on the WordPress Theme Detector and Plugin Detector. All information about the site’s theme and plugins will show no matter how modified the site might be.
Those are the two methods that you can use to detect a WordPress theme. I must tell you that this doesn’t work on sites that are not using WordPress, so chill. You can tell us how many WordPress sites that you’ve detected using this method in the comment box below, remember, your feedback is of importance to us.