It is now like a thing to have a knowledge on how to create an SSH account. All tweaks now seems to be based on configuration files, so as to allow it last a little longer. Most of these configuration files need the host of course, but SSH account is also needed for the config file.
What is SSH?
SSH, also known as Secure Socket Shell, is a network protocol that provides administrators with a secure way to access a remote computer. SSH also refers to the suite of utilities that implement the protocol. Secure Shell provides strong authentication and secure encrypted data communications between devices connecting over an insecure network such as the Internet.
SSH can refer both to the cryptographic network protocol and to the suite of utilities that implement that protocol. SSH uses the client-server model, connecting a secure shell client application, the end at which the session is displayed, with an SSH server, the end at which the session runs.
SSH accounts have validity periods, that means that they expire after a period of time. There are many sites that you can use to create an SSH account, all of them offer a certain validity period. Some offer, one month validity, some offer, three days, while some five days. They all depends on the one that you choose to use. I’m going to list out some sites that you can use to create SSH accounts, some are better than others, so choose the one that suits you best.
List of sites to create SSH accounts
How to create an SSH account
In this category, I’m going to use Skyssh.com in creating an SSH account, here are the steps;
- Go to Skyssh.com
- Head onto Premium SSH Server Region > SSH Asia (Select region of your choosing).
- Go to SSH Server Country List > SSH Singapore > Server List.
- On the next window, choose SSH Server List Country Singapore > SSH Singapore Sky (Select any country server list of your choice) > Server List.
- Under Create SSH Server: SSH Singapore Sky, you would see a section where you’ll be asked to create account. Simply type in your own username, password and type in the number used for recaptcha.
- Tap create, then you would get a notification that your account has been created with a list of words below. The list contains the Server IP/Host, username, password and port. The port is always 22 or 443, most likely 443.
These are sites that you can use to create one or more SSH accounts. I prefer Skyssh to most of them up there, but Monthlyssh seems enticing because, you create an SSH account with a validity period of one month. So, there you have it, that’s how to create an SSH account.