Do you know that it is possible to copy a site’s full data and view it offline? The topic says it all, ‘How to clone any website using HTTrack Website Copier‘. With HTTrack Website Copier, we can do all of that with just one click. HTTrack is available on all Windows with or without installer version, Linux/OSX/BSD/Unix sources and Android v2.2 and above. In this post, we are going to look at how we can clone any website using HTTrack Website Copier on PC.
How to clone any website using HTTrack Website Copier
- Download HTTrack Website Copier for Window 2000 to Windows 10 here or here (4 MB). You can also download HTTrack for Windows XP to Windows 10 here or here (4.3 MB).
- After downloading it, install the software into your PC.
- Launch the software. You should get a welcome message, hit Next>.
- Type the Project name and Project category and hit Next.
- From the drop-down menu, you should see Download web site(s), leave it at that. Below the Web Addresses, type in the web address that you would like to use.
- On the Preferences and mirror option, click set options.
- Untick use proxy for ftp transfers check box and click Ok.
- Click on Next and Finish.
- The website download process will commence. You can decide to cancel it anytime to view the downloaded content.
How to view the downloaded content
- Go to the C drive or whichever drive you stored it to.
- Now, Open My Websites.
- Open the folder of the offline website that you downloaded.
- Open the index file and view it (Make sure you use it for Chrome or any other browser).
The downloaded file is on your computer’s storage until the day you decide to delete it from there. The structure of the downloaded file is also the same as that in the internet so you do not need to worry about anything.