Most times, you as a blogger, you might have the urge to turn all your readers into followers but you don’t know how. One possible way to do that is to create a conversation bot or widget. Most people read a post/article and get confused with some words but some make the mistake of using the comment box as a means of communication. What they need is something that is visible and needs a quicker response, of course, patience isn’t the most priced virtue in this modern world. But with Drift, all those problems will go away.
Drift is a Conversational Marketing Platform created to help site owners converse with their viewers. It is free to use, no hidden charges and you do not even need to fill a form.
How does Drift work?
Drift helps site owners converse with their viewers using the Live chat feature that is integrated to your site via HTML codes. This helps to improve the level of understanding between a site and a reader. Let’s see how we can create a Drift account.
How can I create a Drift account?
- First of all, go to Drift.com.
- Click on CREATE A FREE ACCOUNT or click here to access the page.
- Type in your email address into the empty space and hit LET’S GO!.
- In the next window, you will be required to customize Drift by selecting a color, theme and language. After you are done with that, hit NEXT: WELCOME MESSAGE.
- You can leave the welcome message at it’s default – How can we help? We’re here for you! or you can type in your own welcome message. Also don’t forget to upload a picture.
- After, you done with that, you will need to add your profile details which entails Your Name, Your Company Name and Company URL.
- Just after that, you will need to setup a password and fill in your telephone number and role.
- Hit INSTALL.
How to install Drift on your blog
You can decide to install the code by yourself, or you can let Drift send someone to do it for you. If you decide to do it yourself, then tap on I’ll do it myself! After doing that, a list will show. This list describes where you are installing it to, in this tutorial, we are going to look at how to install drift in our Blogger and WordPress sites.
How to install Drift on Blogger
- Go to your Blogger dashboard.
- Go to Theme>>HTML.
- Look for the </head> tag and paste the code a line before it and save theme.
- Go to your site and feel the vibe.
How to install Drift on WordPress
- Click on INSTALL DRIFT PLUGIN or click here to go to the page.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Upon activation, it will create a menu for Drift on your WordPress dashboard, and it will start working immediately.
Now that we’ve gone through the installation process, you might be wondering how you are going to converse with it. It is simple! Once a viewer visits your site, a live chat will pop up, depending on what position you place it. This will surely attract a viewer to type in his message and hit send. Once they send the message, Drift will notify you through mail. Now, this is where you login into your Drift account to reply the viewer. All details of the viewer will be there, among these is the email of the viewer. That’s how you begin to get to know your viewers.