YouTube is a video platform that has so many definitions. As a product of Google, one can see YouTube as a visual search engine, a news media, entertainment platform, movie theater and so on. YouTube spreads to areas beyond what we can think of.
Have you ever wondered how those videos got to be on YouTube? Of course, Google doesn’t upload them, it is people like you and me that does the upload. People make money from YouTube as the same way bloggers make money from their site. The YouTube Partner Program (YPP) lets creators/channel owners, monetize their content on YouTube. Creators can earn money from advertisements served on their videos and from YouTube Premium subscribers watching their content. Earning from your YouTube account is easy but becoming eligible to earn might be the problem.
Just as it is difficult for most site owners to get Google to approve their ads for Adsense, that’s how difficult it is to get your YouTube account to start displaying ads. Before your you start to earn with your YouTube account, you need to have at least 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers on your channel. This requirement allows them to properly evaluate new channels and helps protect the creator community.
This does not imply that you can’t still apply to monetize your YouTube account. It’s just that you won’t be accepted until you have gotten to the threshold of 4,000 watch hours and 1,000 subscribers.
Recommended Article: Why you should neglect Google Adsense and turn to RevenueHits
How to apply for monetization of YouTube channel
- Go to youtube.com
- Sign into your YouTube account, by using your email
- Tap your profile picture at the top corner, a drop-down menu should appear, look for settings and tap on it
- Click on View additional features
- Scroll down, you should see lots of features. Locate the box with Monetization and hit enable
- On the next tab, you would be asked to complete some tasks, such as accepting YouTube Partner Program terms, creating an Adsense account. If you already have one, you ca link it to your YouTube channel. Set your Monetization preferences and get reviewed after reaching 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers
Upon reaching this threshold, your channel is automatically reviewed to make sure it complies with the YouTube Partner Program terms and Google’s Community Guidelines. They’ll email you a decision, usually within a month or so.
If you are lucky enough to be accepted then you should start seeing ads in your videos. For anyone who clicks on it would make you earn a certain amount.