Last week, Infinix requested for Google’s latest Android version, Android 9.0 Pie for their beta testers and now the updates are available. Android 9.0 Pie has so much to offer to any Android device, in this situation, it’s the Infinix Note 5, which by it’s standard, is already flying solo without the Android 9.0 Pie update.
Now that it has the Android 9.0 Pie update via OTA, just imagine what you could do with this smartphone. The experience on Infinix Note 5 will just keep on getting better and better. The upgrade is available via OTA, so, here are some safety tips to consider before upgrading from Android 8.1 Oreo to Android 9.0 Pie on your Infinix Note 5 smartphone.
- Make sure that the battery is up to 90% or it is plugged in to a stable electricity.
- Create a backup of your current firmware just in case you might need to downgrade the device later.
- Have enough data to download the update.
How to get the Android 9.0 Pie update on your Infinix Note 5
- Go to your Phone Settings > About Phone > System Update > Local Update.
- Now, click on your TCard Storage and hit the install button.
- Sit back and relax for the update to complete, then the device will restart by itself, to finish the installation process.
At the moment, the Android 9.0 Pie OTA update is only available for Infinix Note 5 beta testers, but it would be rolled out to the normal users soon. In the meantime, you can quickly go through some of the Android 9.0 Pie features on this article.